Veneers constitute around 26% of a wide range of cosmetic procedures which is taken charge of by dentists. There are a multitude of reasons behind the types of veneers that get chosen over other procedures.
The different kinds of veneers are
- Porcelain Veneers
- Removable Veneers
- Palatal Veneers
- Composite Veneers
- Lumineers Veneers
One of the most exorbitant as well as natural-looking is Porcelain. The veneers which can be removed are known to be quite cheap and a little less natural-looking in comparison to others.
What are the features of veneers?
Some of the different features of veneers are as follows:-
- Changing the size, length as well as colour of the teeth
- Fixation of broken chipped and cracked teeth
- Fixation of streaks/spots on the teeth
- Fixing teeth grinding
- Coverage of discolouration as well as teeth stains
- Coverage of larger fillings of resin which might discolour teeth
A crown is often placed on the tooth for protection from tooth fracture after a root canal. In some cases, the treatment of the root canal might discolour your tooth over time.
Different types of veneer are often used for covering the discoloured tooth.
Is it difficult to place Veneers on Teeth?
Veneers can be placed easily by following some simple steps:-
- Enamel might be removed by your dentist both from the front and back of the teeth for inserting veneer. The one’s having lumineers would be saved from this step
- A prepared structure of the tooth would be done by your dentist
- The shade of the veneer would be decided by your dentist and you so that it perfectly suits the fancy of your match and most importantly it looks natural
- The dental lab would receive the impression of your tooth so that the veneer suitably fits
- Although this might take one to two weeks and the coverage of your teeth would be done along with temporary veneers
After you visit your doctor for the next time, temporary veneers would be removed by your dentist and the doctor would fix permanent veneers on your teeth.